Crystal Reports 2008 builds on 15 years and 12 versions. It s the reporting tool of choice for millions of IT professionals, application developers, and report consumers.
Crystal Reports 2008 is a powerful, dynamic, actionable reporting solution that helps you design, explore, visualize, and deliver reports via the web or embedded in enterprise applications. It enables end users to consume reports with stunning visualizations, conduct on-report business modeling, and execute decisions instantly from the report itself - reducing dependency on IT and Developers.
The release of Crystal Reports 2008 has completely redefined the reporting experience. Benefits include:
New Crystal Reports 2008 delivers advanced functionality to help reduce report proliferation and maintenance, build increasingly powerful reports, and save time with high-productivity design features. You can find more information in the same report with interactive features such as report sorting, reformatting and parameter filtering. You will be able to create visually compelling data presentations by easily embedding powerful Xcelsius and Flash graphics. You will be able to save time by inserting summary, variance and any other custom calculation into a crosstab row or column without any coding.
- Flexible, interactive report viewing
- More persuasive and professional-looking reports with stunning visualization
- New, comprehensive deployment options
- Reduced report proliferation and maintenance
- Advanced report design power
- Reduced design time & improved designer productivity
In an effort to improve the Crystal Reports experience, we’ve made some changes to certain components of Crystal Reports 2008:
- Reports samples and sample database: To reduce download time, report samples and the Xtreme sample database are now accessed through separate downloads on the Start Page of Crystal Reports 2008.
- .NET developer SDK documentation, merge modules, and MSI files: .NET developer documentation, merge modules, and MSI files are now accessed through separate downloads on the Start Page of Crystal Reports 2008.
- Report developer component (RDC): The RDC is unsupported in Crystal Reports 2008. Developers wishing to use Crystal Reports in a COM application should use Crystal Reports XI Release 2. The ActiveX viewer remains a fully supported component of Crystal Reports 2008.
- Advanced DHTML viewers: The Advanced DHTML viewers have been removed from Crystal Reports 2008. The improvements to the DHTML viewers make these additional viewers unnecessary.
- Java reporting component (JRC) availability and Java SDK documentation: Java developers now receive the JRC and Java SDK documentation through the free Crystal Reports for Eclipse download. This product will be updated on a separate schedule from Crystal Reports. Visit the start page in Crystal Reports 2008 for more information on updates to Crystal Reports for Eclipse.
System Requirements for Crystal Reports 2008 include:
- Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor
- 256 MB RAM, 512 Recommended
- 300 MB available hard drive space, 600 MB recommended with Visual Studio .NET integration
- CD-ROM (for CD install only)